The Turks and Caicos Islands Football Association (TCIFA) has announced a resumption of football activities across the country following a shutdown of its programme last week, a mere days after reopening following months of shutdown due to COVID-19.
The announcement was made on Monday, May 10, via news release from the Association.
In a news release last week, the Association said it was forced to shut down the programme due to cost associated with weekly COVID-19 testing.
But in a later statement, the Sports Commission, the body that governs all sporting activities in the Turks and Caicos Islands, pointed out that COVID testing are usually free.
“The TCIFA has received notification from the Turks and Caicos Islands Government on the permitted resumption of football activities. All island-programmes will return to the field, and COVID-19 protocol will be strictly enforced at all times,” the FA said in a statement on Monday, May 10.
Against this background, the FA said Grassroots registration is now open, and can be completed online.
The FA said the Grassroots Programme for Providenciales begun on Wednesday, May 5, as well as North Caicos and Middle Caicos. The Grand Turk Programme commenced on May 6. Registration for the South Caicos Programme was scheduled to open on Monday, May 10.
Meanwhile, the FA disclosed that the Masters League started on Friday, May 7; the Women Beach Soccer League on Sunday, May 9, and the Fortis Elite Youth League to begin on Saturday, May 15.