The following is the Turks and Caicos Islands Post Cabinet Meeting held on Friday 9 December, at the Premier’s Office on Providenciales:
· Approved amendments to the House of Assembly Speaker and other Members (salaries and Allowances) (Amendment) Ordinance 2022 Bill and for this to be submitted to the House of Assembly.
· Approved amendments to the Invest Turks and Caicos Islands Agency (Amendment) Bill 2022 around due diligence and Permanent Residence Certificates under the investment category, and agreed next steps required. Members also approved an increase to the number of Board Members and for these to be submitted to the House of Assembly.
· Approved amendments to the Turks and Caicos Islands Statistics Bill and agreed next steps and for submission to the House of Assembly.
· Approved a planning application (PR 16332) for the erection of a radar tower on parcel 60000/649, on North West Point, Providenciales.
· Approved a planning application (PR 16333) for the erection of a radar tower on parcel 61113/380, on Long Bay, Providenciales.
· Approved an application for a licence for BFF Cooper Jack Ltd (the Strand) over Parcels 60720/93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 & 60721/92, 124, 125, 141, 142, 143, 144 & 145 on Cheshire Hall and Richmond, Providenciales.
· Approved a variation of a lease for Sandy Point Cl on Crown Land Parcel 50104/7, subject to certain conditions.
· Approved the advancing of a draft Cemeteries Bill and Regulations, aimed at improving the management of cemeteries across the Turks and Caicos Islands, for onward passage to the House of Assembly.
· Approved the lifting of a moratorium on the issuing of new gaming machines location licenses and the importation of new machines. Members also approved amendments to the Gaming Machines Ordinance and the Gaming Control Commission Ordinance and for these to be advanced to the House of Assembly.
· Approved the waiver of specified customs duties for the refurbishment of a hotel/resort owned by Greencoat Investment Limited in accordance with the Refurbishment Policy.
· Approved amendments to the Agriculture Ordinance and the Agriculture Policy providing for the establishment of a National Agriculture and Food Security Board and for these to be submitted to the House of Assembly.
· Approved a new lease agreement for the rental of the Laporte Building, Downtown Providenciales as temporary office accommodation for the Informal Settlement Unit, responsible for containing and suppressing the further expansion of informal settlements across the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI).
· Confirmed the earlier approval of an extension to the Customs (Import Duty Exemption) Order 2021 for a further period of six months until 31 May 2023 on the importation of specified breadbasket food items.
· Was updated on the successful outcome of the TCI’s technical compliance re-rating request to the Caribbean Financial Action Task Force and applauded the efforts of the Hon. Attorney General and members of the members of the Anti-money laundering Committee to ensure that the TCI’s financial systems are recognised as meeting established international standards.
· Approved the appointment of Mr. Selvyn Hawkins as the Deputy Chair of the Turks and Caicos Islands Community College.
· Was updated on issues related to the Ministries of:
1. Finance, and
2. AG Chambers.