top of page

Police Are Champions Of The Global Capital Over 35 Masters League

Kevern De Bellott is about to chip the ball over an advancing Aaron Lawrence in the final of the TCIFA Over 35 Masters League

A brace by Kevern De Bellott and a single strike by Antonio Audain were enough to crown Police FC champions of the Global Capital Finance TCI Football Association (TFIFA) Over 35 Masters League, played at the TCIFA Academy Field off Venetian Road on Sunday.

De Bellott scored in the 18th minute of the first half and the 25th minute of the second half. Audain scored in the second minutes of extra time in the second half.

Each game lasted for 50 minutes, with each half accounting for 25 minutes.

Champions Police FC are photographed with their championship trophy. Sharing in the moment is Sonia Fulford-Missick (left), President of the TCIFA and Oliver Smith (right), General Secretary of the TCIFA.

De Bellott eventually walked away with the golden boot award, as well as the Most Valuable Player Award.

That game should have been the feature of a double header, with the preceding game – the third play playoff between Beaches and Teachers. However, Beaches failed to show, enabling teachers to finish in third play in the four-team competition, by default.

The Teachers Team pose with their trophy, with TCIFA President Sonia Fulford-Misick (left) and General Secretary Oliver Smith sharing in the moment

From the get-go, Police looked to be the team That would likely to first put their name on the scoresheet, as they were the more purposeful of the two by far.

The score could have been a lot dire for Realist had it not been for moments of brilliance by National Goalkeeping Coach, Aaron Lawrence, who pulled off several spectacular saves, including one-on-ones.

Kevern De Bellottt (left) collects his Golden Boot Award from TCIFA General Secretary Oliver Smith

Both teams seemed to match strides in the early exchanges, but as time progressed, it was the Police that settled down into a pattern, forcing their opponents to scramble the ball away from danger on several occasions.

However, in a moment of brilliance, De Bellot, collected a pass just outside the 18 yards box and uncorked a half volley out of the reach of a diving Lawrence, to ensure his team’s ascent going into the halftime break.

Captain of the Realist Team, Aaron Lawrence collects the second-place trophy from President of the TCIFA Sonia Fulford-Missick

On resumption, Realist made a few substitutions which pumped a bit of life in their attack. However, the Police weathered the storm and launched counters of their own, resulting in the second goal – a ball passed out of midfield to De Bellott, who outpaced the Realist defenders, and chipped over an advancing Lawrence, to give his team a 2-0 cushion.

Virtually assured of the win, Police added the third goal when Audain was served a defense-splitting pass, which enabled him time to pick his spot and blast past the advancing Lawrence.

President of the TCIFA, Sonia Fulford-Missick was on hand to congratulate the teams and hand out medals and trophies.


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page